Pass the TASC Reading Exam

With New York's leading TASC tutor

TASC Language Arts Reading Exam

Everything you need to know!

The TASC Reading Literacy Test lasts 85 minutes and contains 48 questions which assess your reading readiness in alignment with the Common Core's high school standard of college and career readiness. 70% of the exam is comprised of informational texts and the remaining 30% is allocated to literary texts. Both of these areas require students to demonstrate knowledge of key ideas and details, as well as craft and structure skills. Students must also be able to integrate key ideas and knowledge into their answers.

You should expect to receive texts in the form of stories, drama, poems, myths, and nonfiction. Acquainting yourself with these text types will help you build proper comprehension, analysis, application, and synthesis skills to guide you through the test items.


Contact Dr. Donnelly today

Call Dr. Donnelly Today!

For Private TASC lessons

AP Calculus, AP Physics, AP Chemistry

Dr. Donnelly can teach you the correct approach for each type of question that will appear on the HiSET, the GED or TASC tests. This will significantly increase your chances of getting the required score to attend the school of your choice.

Private GED tutoring with Dr. Donnelly is available either online via Zoom or in-person at either his San Diego-based office or his Manhattan-based office in New York City (depending upon the time of year).

Dr. Donnelly is very proud that every single one of his GED students has passed the GED exam on his or her very first attempt! We are confident that he can do the same for you.


See What Our Students Say

Read Our Reviews

Best Private Tutor

5 star review

"Dr. Donnelly is a wonderful teacher. He is quick to pinpoint weaknesses and, in many cases, turn them into strengths. He always has a structured lesson plan and pertinent homework assignments and puts aside time in the lesson to go over "trouble problems" from the previous lesson. I highly recommend taking a prep course with him. His patience, humor, and kindheartedness makes an otherwise uncomfortable standardized test almost enjoyable."

Mia P., Manhattan, New York.

Best Private Tutor

5 star review

"Dr. Donnelly tutored my son. My son learned a few steps to help him solve the problems faster and correctly. Every lesson helped my son feel confident. My son constantly talks about how Dr. Donnelly has taught him skills that he is able to use in his classes at school. Dr. Donnelly was also very good at being able to work around a person's schedule. I highly recommend him, he is a great tutor. Thank you Dr. Donnelly!"

Tania L., Bronx, New York

.
Best Private Tutor

5 star review

"Dr. Donnelly has a real knack for explaining topics in plain English and for making them come alive with real-life examples. I would encourage anyone who needs to get up to speed in their preparation for studies to give Dr. Donnelly a call. You won't regret it!"

Mike H., Greenwich, CT.

placeholder
Read More Reviews

Learn more about the TASC

And how to Improve your score

Click on the links below to learn more:

  1. About the TASC
  2. How is the TASC scored?
  3. Contact Dr. Donnelly about TASC lessons
  4. Read our TASC Reviews
  5. Buy Best-selling TASC Test Prep Book
  6. TASC Exams by Subject
    1. TASC Language Arts Reading Exam
    2. TASC Language Arts Writing Exam
    3. TASC Mathematical Reasoning Exam
    4. TASC Science Exam
    5. TASC Social Studies Exam
Top