Pass the GED English Exam

With New York's leading GED tutor

GED Reasoning Through Language Arts Exam

Everything you need to know!

The GED Reasoning Through Language Arts exam lasts 2.5 hours. The first section of the exam includes reading and language questions and concludes with an essay. You will have a 10-minute break before the second section, which includes reading and language questions only. There are a variety of question types including multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, drop-down, and drag-and-drop.

Your reading comprehension skills are assessed via questions based on single passages and on passages that are paired together. Most questions (75%) are based on informational texts, which include workplace documents, general nonfiction, and nonfiction related to general interest social studies and science topics. The remaining 25% of the questions are based on fiction selections.

Your language skills are assessed via questions that require you to review and edit written text and select words and phrases so that the final product is written correctly. These questions involve selecting the correct sentence structure, agreement (subject-verb and pronoun-antecedent), capitalization, punctuation, homonyms, and possessives.


Contact Dr. Donnelly today

Call Dr. Donnelly Today!

For Private GED lessons

AP Calculus, AP Physics, AP Chemistry

Dr. Donnelly can teach you the correct approach for each type of question that will appear on the HiSET, the GED or TASC tests. This will significantly increase your chances of getting the required score to attend the school of your choice.

Private GED tutoring with Dr. Donnelly is available either online via Zoom or in-person at either his San Diego-based office or his Manhattan-based office in New York City (depending upon the time of year).

Dr. Donnelly is very proud that every single one of his GED students has passed the GED exam on his or her very first attempt! We are confident that he can do the same for you.


See What Our Students Say

Read Our Reviews

Best Private Tutor

5 star review

"Dr. Donnelly is a wonderful teacher. He is quick to pinpoint weaknesses and, in many cases, turn them into strengths. He always has a structured lesson plan and pertinent homework assignments and puts aside time in the lesson to go over "trouble problems" from the previous lesson. I highly recommend taking a prep course with him. His patience, humor, and kindheartedness makes an otherwise uncomfortable standardized test almost enjoyable."

Mia P., Manhattan, New York.

Best Private Tutor

5 star review

"Dr. Donnelly tutored my son. My son learned a few steps to help him solve the problems faster and correctly. Every lesson helped my son feel confident. My son constantly talks about how Dr. Donnelly has taught him skills that he is able to use in his classes at school. Dr. Donnelly was also very good at being able to work around a person's schedule. I highly recommend him, he is a great tutor. Thank you Dr. Donnelly!"

Tania L., Bronx, New York

.
Best Private Tutor

5 star review

"Dr. Donnelly has a real knack for explaining topics in plain English and for making them come alive with real-life examples. I would encourage anyone who needs to get up to speed in their preparation for studies to give Dr. Donnelly a call. You won't regret it!"

Mike H., Greenwich, CT.

placeholder
Read More Reviews

Learn more about the GED

And how to Improve your score

Click on the links below to learn more:

  1. About the GED
  2. How is the GED scored?
  3. Contact Dr. Donnelly about GED lessons
  4. Read our GED and TASC Reviews
  5. Buy Best-selling GED Test Prep Book
  6. GED Exams by Subject
    1. GED Reasoning Through Language Arts Exam
    2. GED Mathematical Reasoning Exam
    3. GED Science Exam
    4. GED Social Studies Exam
Top